Regional and National Data Networks
Data from many surface networks are available to the atmospheric science and hydrology communities. Select a link for more detailed information on that network, or see the summary table below for an overview of available observations.
- ASOS sites also report visibility, cloud height, sky condition.
- AWOS sites variously report visibility, cloud height, sky condition, thunderstorm and lightning detection
- AWDN sites estimate potential evapotranspiration
- Some CoCoRAHS sites measure evapotranspiration
- HADS sites also report river height
- RAWS sites collect fuel temperature and moisture measurements
- () not all sites report this parameter
- Stations valid as of spring 2013